His appointment is, however, subject to the approval of the Council of State. Dr Sarpong who is also the former Executive Chairman of Kumasi Ashanti Kotoko football club, takes over from Alex Mould who was appointed, to head of the Corporation in 2013.
JOYBUSINESS understands he started working formally from the Corporation this Monday, albeit in an acting capacity.
Dr Sarpong recently stepped down as the Executive Chairman of Royal Bank Ghana to concentrate on some private work.
As part of his working experience, he has also served as the Deputy Chief Executive of Ghana Cocoa Board and also worked with Produce Buying Company Limited as the Deputy Managing Director (Finance and Administration).
Dr. K. K. Sarpong is a Chartered Accountant and also holds a Ph.D. in Industrial and Business Studies from the University of Warwick, M. Acc in International Accounting and Finance from the University of Glasgow.
He also holds an MBA in Accounting and B. Sc (Administration) Accounting Option from University of Ghana Legon.
- The Royal Bank Ltd appoints new Managing Director
- Stock Market sees four-week positive trend
- Gov't To Promote 'Made In Ghana Goods' - Alan Kyerematen
- Energy sector debt 'gargantuan' – Agyarko
- Radio Maxx boss offloads shares in station
- Producer inflation drops sharply to 4.9 percent in December 2016
- Agriculture to get boost from foreign investment – Afriyie-Akoto
- I will drastically reduce fuel and utility prices - Energy Minister-designate
- Alan Kyeremanteng assures businesses of more access to capital
- Ameri, Karpower contracts will be reviewed – Energy Minister-designate