The gesture caters for the fourth quarter period of 2016 following a commitment to donate 10p and 20p made on each sale of Awake Water to support heart patients at the cardio centre. This is the biggest donation made so far by Awake to the Centre.
Speaking at a short donation ceremony in Accra March 15, 2017, on behalf of the distributors, Samuel Wilberforce Awuku-Darko, the National Sales Manager for Awake Water said its distributors are energized to boost sales of the water in order to increase their support for the Cardio Centre.
“Most distributors and street vendors in Accra have decided to sell more Awake Water to support the initiative,” he said.
Director of the Cardio Centre, Dr. Lawrence Sereboe who received the donation commended the management of Awake Water for helping the centre in a more sustainable way.
Dr.Sereboe observed that people have come to appreciate the fact that the steps that have been taken by Kasapreko Company through the Awake Water #One4Life initiative to support the Cardio Centre is a worthy course.
According to the Cardio Director, the management of the centre has always made use of the donation from Kasapreko to take care of the needs of the centre.
Awake Water has so far donated GHc220,000 to the Cardio Centre and 16 heart patients have benefitted from the initiative. It is estimated that about ten people will benefit from the latest donation.
- Pressure mounts on new MiDA board over ECG
- The Cedi to find its level by end of first quarter – Financial analysts predict
- February inflation drops marginally to 13.2%
- DVLA introduces new initiatives
- Akufo-Addo pledges support for Guinness Ghana, beverage industry
- Guinness Ghana to support ‘planting for food and jobs’ policy
- Ghana’s economy is malnourished - Prof. Badu Akosa
- Elumelu speaks on Africapitalism to youths at Ghana’s leading institution
- Average interest on mortgages is 33.6 percent – BoG report
- Fuel prices down 2%