He told Ekow Mensah-Shalders on Class FM in Accra on Thursday that each of those companies has been certified.
According to him, the FDA does regular checks on the sachet water manufacturers to make sure they strictly adhere to quality standards.
He admitted some of the sachet water manufacturers bag ordinary tap water as treated sachet water but denied a recent claim by Mr Stanley Martey of the Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) that 90% of all sachet water produced in Ghana is mere tap water.
“That allegation is not true,” Mr Lartey said.
- Designer coffin makers seek bigger market
- Global Communities assists youth
- Zoomlion creates 11,200 new jobs
- African Partner Pool Workshop Successful
- Facebook helps SMEs in Ghana, Nigeria
- Transport Ministry to name new National Airline partner in March
- Financing SMEs still challenging in Ghana – Business sector
- Fuel prices hinted to fall
- Govt to review downwards oil revenue targets
- Banks accused of violating mobile money guidelines